Thursday, April 21, 2011

Vallartas Mexican Restaurant - East Anchorage Gem, Value Prices

Anchorage is blessed with a handful of pretty decent mexican restaurants. East Anchorage is lucky to have one of it's own in Vallartas on the NW corner of the intersection at Northern Lights and Boniface.

When I first moved to Anchorage, I lived in the neighborhood and ate there monthly. It has been a few years since I have visited, and there has been a lot of work done on upgrading the restaurant, and they have added a buffet. I didn't partake of the buffet....I will have to go back some time to give it a whirl.

I asked my server what was good and he the steak burrito platter was what I was looking for...who am I to argue? He was right. I really appreciate a straight forward meal, so give me those two burritos with a spoonful of refried beans and a spoonful of rice and I am happy. The burritos were a little more heavy on green peppers and onions than I usually like, but they were still quite tasty. Add an ice cold lager, and it is pretty much the perfect meal!

Give it a try, and you will leave Vallartas happy and content....and you won't have to put a dent in your pocketbook to do it.


Vallartas Mexican Restaurant:

Address -
5437 E Northern Lights Blvd
Anchorage, AK 99508

Phone - 907 338-2500

Reservations - I haven't needed one, but I think I would call on a Friday or Saturday to make sure.

Overall Recommendation: At around $10 per dinner, this is good mexican food and a great value. Add the friendly staff into the mix, and this is a great choice for a night out with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment