Sunday, April 3, 2011

Irving Street Kitchen - Porland - A fusion of Soul into every meal


I find myself in Portland, OR looking for a unique dining experience. Hello Irving Street Kitchen. You fit the bill perfectly!

I walked in with no reservation and was seated at the bar. It was brunch time and the place was moderately busy. I always enjoy going into a restaurant for the first time. Irving Street Kitchen has the perfect balance of a rustic and trendy.

I was doing a lot of walking today, so I decided to skip the appetizers and go straight to the Brunch menu. I love brunch food, and I love Eggs Benedict. The Salmon Gravlax Benedict jumped of the page. A buttermilk biscuit with spinach, lox, and poached eggs all covered in a dill hollandaise. The combination of salmon lox and poached egg is a very nice balance. The dill of the hollandaise took a little getting used to. I think I was ready for that traditional, rich, flavor. The dill hollandaise was lighter on the palette and very tasty.

I also ordered a side of mac'n cheese....very nice. Baked with a light panco/bread sprinkle over the top. Comfort food done right!

I ordered a house tea that kept the palette fresh for the meal. Try the #8 and let me know what you think.

Irving Street Kitchen:

Address -
791 NW 13th Avenue
Portland, OR 97209


Phone - 503 343-9440

Reservations - can be made at OpenTable.com, I did not need them for Sunday brunch, but I would advise it for a group.

Overall Recommendation: delightful! Soul food with a light touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment