Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lily's Family Restaurant - Breakfast Served Anytime

I may have mentioned before that I am a huge fan of breakfast.  Eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, grits.....come to daddy!  Lily's Family Restaurant, formerly owned as The Alaska Breakfast Club, has a lunch and dinner menu, but still specializes in breakfast fare.  In fact you can order breakfast anytime.

I frequented Lily's in it's former life (I referred to it at the ABC), and I still have not ever eaten anything but breakfast when there.  Oh they have the usual breakfast offerings including pancakes, crepes, blintzes, and french toast, but I am not much a "sweets for breakfast" type of guy.  I don't dislike those things, but I prefer the down home style breakfast centered around eggs, meat, and something with some sort of southern/soul influence.

When at Lily's always make sure to check the white board to see what the specials are.  There are usually items not found on the menu that fit my needs...and at a great price.  Today it was the Country Benedict.  Two poached eggs over sausage patties over biscuits...all smothered in country gravy.  I had a side of white rice, but I had a choice of grits or hash browns.  I am trying to lean up, hence the rice, everything else was definitely "stick to your ribs" food.

Now, I have had better gravy, and the breakfast was pretty salty for my palette.  Having said that, it was the special.  All in all, not a bad meal for the price.  On top of that, it is nice clean and well lit family style restaurant.  Definitely worth a try.

Lily's Family Restaurant:

Address -
1440 E Tudor Road
Anchorage, Alaska

Website - www.lilysalaska.com

Phone - 907-561-3805

Reservations - none required, plenty of seating.

Overall Recommendation - Not the ritz of breakfast restaurants, but good.  Worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment