Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Taco Del Mar - VELOUS!

I admit I have a problem.  Tortillas are like a blanket of love for food, and Taco Del Mar is one of those places that make me feel the love.  It is a "quick-serve" chain restaurant with a local feel.  I have visited Taco Del Mar restaurants in 3 or 4 different states, and I feel like they are all local.

I would like to tell you that I have tried everything on the menu, but the fact of the matter is that they are the only burrito place I have been with fish burritos....and I love them!  I always have the Mondo fish burrito with rice, black beans, the special fish sauce, sour cream, salsa verde, & cheese on the spinach tortilla.  The ingredients are fresh, although they do have to go to the freezer for the Alaskan Cod filets.  They are all wrapped up with care into that soft, moist, and delicious green tortilla.  They really are great!

I can only assume that the rest of the menu is as good, because I always see other people ordering other items, but you have to give the fish a try.  If you need some incentive, to go, Taco Del Mar is rated by Heath Magazine as among the top 10 healthiest "fast food" restaurants in the United States.


Taco Del Mar:

Locations throughout the western United States and Canada and much of upper midwest.  There are two locations in Anchorage, one in Fairbanks, and one in Wasilla.  Check the website for a location near you.

Website - www.tacodelmar.com

No reservations needed.

Overall Recommendation:  If you like like burritos and the like, you gotta give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment