Friday, April 8, 2011

Jimmy John's - Subs for Foodies

My friend was raving about Jimmy John's from the time we touched down in Texas. Where is the nearest one? On and on. I am glad we found one....right down the road from our hotel as chance would have it.

Now Jimmy John's boasts to be the World Greatest Gourmet Sandwiches. I don't know if they are the best, but I haven't had any better. They have a variety of choices with all real fixings. I don't know about you, but I am dubious of meat that looks synthetic or that has to be dunked in juice in order to taste good. Jimmy John's is straight up, real good stuff!

By now you probably realize that, if there is one, I tend to go for the specialities of a restaurant. The standout on the Jimmy John's menu is "The J.J. Gargantuan" it and this sandwich was invented by Jimmy John's brother Huey. With lots of genoa salami, sliced smoked ham, capicola, roast beef, turkey & provolone, jammed into one of our homemade French buns then smothered with onions, mayo, lettuce, tomato, & our homemade Italian dressing.

The sandwich really did satisfy, and I felt like I was eating my first real sub in a long time. I would give it two thumbs up if I didn't need them to hold up my sandwich.


Jimmy John's:

Address -
Locations across the contiguous United States

Website - www.jimmyjohns.com (you can order online)

Reservations - none needed

Overall Recommendation: this ain't no Subway or Quiznos, these are real subs for a real appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment