Sunday, June 17, 2012

VIP Restaurant - Korean

As a swim coach I have families with kinds of different ethnic backgrounds.  I have had a Korean family on my team who eats at the VIP once a week, and they rave about it.  Recently I took my wife and we gave it a try.

banchan
The ambience is pretty generic, but the service was fast and friendly.  We had not really had Korean before, so my wife tried the bibimbap while I tried a spicy squid and vegetable dish.  We were both very pleased with the meal.  To be honest, I was sweating through mine, but it was a pleasant heat that I got from the food.

The dinner came with an array of banchan, which is a variety of small dishes with vegetables, pickles, etc.  I would pick from the banchan and augment a bite of my squid dish.  With so many choices, it was like getting a different palate sensation with each bite.

Bibimbap
The bibimbap (mixed meal) came in a bowl with vegetables, an egg, and beef.  You literally mix it together yourself and go to town!  My wife loved it!  There are a variety of bibimbap to choose from, and I can't imagine any of them are bad.

Both of use were both stuffed afterward, but without much guilt.  Most of the meal is vegetables, and pretty healthy.  Not to bad for someone who is watching what they eat.



VIP Restaurant:

Address - 555 W Northern Lights Blvd, #105, Anchorage, AK 99503

Phone - 907.279.7549

Overall Recommendation:  When Korean families I know rave about the authenticity of the food, I know it must be good.  I think it is a stand out for ethnic food in Anchorage.  Be adventurous and give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment