Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Southside Grill Restaurant - My Neighborhood Diner

If you have read through my blog, you know that I enjoy breakfast...a lot!  To my dismay, I have been unable to find a breakfast joint (that I can stomach) on the south side of Anchorage.  Either the food is bad, the service horrible, or both.  No more!  I have finally found the Southside Grill Restaurant.

Not to be confused with the Southside Bistro (read my review from December 2011), the Southside Grill Restaurant serves breakfast and lunch diner style meals.  My wife and I went for breakfast recently, and the food was very good and service was fast and friendly.

I went with the Hungry Man Breakfast featuring: ham, bacon, or sausage, 3 eggs served to order, choice of potatoes or pancakes, and biscuits and gravy.  They had me at the biscuits and gravy :)

I went with the sausage, eggs over easy, and hash-browns.  The sausage and hash-browns were typical, and the eggs cooked correctly (something that seems to be difficult for some cooks), and the biscuits and gravy were better pretty good.

What makes me happiest, is that I no longer have to drive across town to any of my other favorite breakfast eateries.  Southside Grill is just a short drive for those of us who live south of Dimond.  Spacious, clean, and friendly...our little south side gem!

Southside Grill Restaurant:

Address - 
12870 Old Seward Hwy AnchorageAK 99515

Phone - 
907.297.0597


Overall Recommendation:  Good diner food and friendly service.  I have finally found a breakfast place on the south side of Anchorage that I can enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment