Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Terra Bella Bakery & Café

This weeks's Sunday morning breakfast started with a search on my iPhone's Yelp app.  The closest restaurant, that was open, was Terra Bella Bakery & Café.  I feel like I should have checked their website first, because it's head says Terra Bella Organic Coffee, Waking the World...Naturally.  If I were a coffee drinker, this would have further encouraged me to go, but sadly, I am not a coffee drinker.

Based on Yelp's advice, my wife, daughter, and I took off for the Dimond location.  The café is very clean and tidy, with a relaxed feel and friendly staff, and they do offer some gluten free baked goods.  Unfortunately, for this foodie, those are the nicest things I can say.

I ordered the Bacon Cheddar Egg Bagel.  The bagel made me feel good at least, as it was a sprouted grain flax bagel.  She sandwich had bacon, egg, and cheddar cheese.  Somehow there managed to be absolutely no flavor to this offering.  The bacon must have been some sort of low sodium variety, because there was little to no savory aspect in this breakfast sandwich.  Like I said, at least the sandwich made me feel good...even if it didn't taste that good.

My wife tried the Grizzly Scramble.  This blend of reindeer sausage and eggs, was inundated with too many onions and roasted red peppers for her to make a dent in the dish.  The only thing she did make a dent in was the side of potatoes...but only after they searched high and low for some ketchup...so she could stomach them.  

My wife did say that her Raspberry Mocha was okay, and my daughter really liked the whipped cream on top.  I guess I found another positive thing to say.


Terra Bella Bakery & Café:

Address - 601 E. Dimond Blvd #6 & 2932 C Street, Anchorage, AK


Website - terrabellacoffee.com

Phone - 907.562.2259 & 907.562.2229


Overall Recommendation:  I am not a coffee drinker, so this place is not really for me.  For the fanatical coffee drinker, Terra Bella may be nirvana.  But for me it's just an average café with average food.

No comments:

Post a Comment