Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tommy's Burger Stop & Po Boy Shoppe

Friends have been recommending that I give Tommy's Burger Stop & Po Boy Shoppe a try for years now.  For some reason, I have never taken the opportunity to stop by.  It is located kitty-corner to REI on the southeast corner of Benson and Spenard.

I am a bit of a burger snob, and I think a lot of people rave about burgers that are pretty mediocre.  Tommy's Burger Stop burgers are pretty darn good!  You may want to wear a bib since the 5 ounce burgers are cooked perfectly and are very juicy.

I had the Stella Bleu Burger and my wife had the Bacon Cheeseburger.  They were brought to us at our outdoor table, and we immediately dove in.  The Stella had a generous amount of blue cheese crumbles and mozzarella.  My wife loved the crispy bacon.  Both burgers were juicy as can be.

We each had a side of fries (they were out of onion rings) and we were less than impressed.  They were cooked well, but the seasoning didn't really do much for us.  I would have like them to be a little more savory.

However, the fries won't keep me from going back.  I already have my eyes on the Sweet Charlotte, the RLE Hello Burger, and maybe a Po-Boy.


Tommy's Burger Stop & Po Boy Shoppe:

Address - 1106 West 29th Place (Benson & Spenard), Anchorage, 99503

Phone - 907-561-5696

Facebook Page

Reservations - None.  There is very limited seating inside the restaurant, which means on a busy weekday, the lunch crowd might have to dine out.  During the summer there is some outdoor seating.

Overall Recommendation:  Tasty burgers with ok fries.  STOP by and give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment