Sunday, May 15, 2011

El Rodeo Mexican Restaurant - Muldoon Royalty

Just three blocks from the Glen Hwy, on Muldoon Road, is a nice little Mexican restaurant perfect for my trips home after a day of coaching at Bartlett Pool.  El Rodeo is not unlike many of the Mexican Restaurants in Anchorage, good food, good value, and a friendly staff.  The Muldoon area of Anchorage is lucky to have one of these gems.

I have probably driven past El Rodeo thousands of times.  Countless times I have told myself to go in, but today was my first time...it really hit the spot.  The menu has all of the greats:  enchiladas, tacos, burritos, chimichangas....huevos rancheros.  I love huevos rancheros, and when I see it on the menu, it is hard for me to resist ordering...this time I did not even try.

One of the great things about Mexican cuisine is that it does not take long to prepare.  Less than five minutes after placing my order, out came my 3 huevos.  They came with sides of refried beans and rice and several "supplemental" corn tortillas.  Now I am a bit of a ranchero sauce snob, and I was not too impressed with El Rodeo's version, but the dish was pretty good despite that one handicap.  One thing I really appreciated were the extra tortillas.  Most times I have had huevos rancheros, I have wished I had some extra to help collect the extra yolk, beans, and rice.

Needless to say, I am just moments from a food coma.  Why do I have such a weakness for tortillas?  ¡Ay, caramba! 


El Rodeo Mexican Restaurant:

Address - 385 Muldoon Rd., Anchorage, AK 99504

Phone -  907-338-5393

Website - www.elrodeoak.com

Reservations - Not sure if any are needed.  There are two dining areas with plenty of seating.

Overall Recommendation:  I nice option for those on the east side of Anchorage.  Good flavors, friendly service.

No comments:

Post a Comment