Saturday, January 14, 2012

Stark Street Pizza - Best Crispy Crust in the Northwest

I am in the Portland area for a few days for a swim meet.  Challenge - find a place to feed a group of 20+ swimmers, parents, and coach.  Solution - Stark Street Pizza!

For great and fast pizza, Stark Street is the place to go.  They have great pizza and a huge salad bar.  I am currently in a state of bliss from the creation I just had; a thin crust pizza with pepperoni (I love those little Stark Street pepperonis), pepperoncini peppers, mushrooms, and spinach.  The crust is the key.  It is light, crunchy, and savory, but it stands up to the toppings.  It is outstanding, and it is probably the best thin crust pizza I have ever had.

Go!


Stark Street Pizza:

Address - 9234 SE Stark Street, Portland, OR 97216

Phone - 503.255.2364

Website - starkstreetpizzaco.com

Reservations - If you are bringing in a large group, call ahead.  They do have large banquet room that can seat 65 people.  Otherwise walk in, order, and have a seat.


Overall Recommendation - I love the crust of this pizza!  If you are in Portland it is worth the trip.

2 comments:

  1. By far, Sam and my favorite pizza place of all time! My dad used to take my sister and me there clear back in the late 60's when they first opened, my dad was friends with the owners. Sam had his 2nd and 5th birthday parties there. Love those thin, crispy pepperonis too....the Triple Play is our favorite (pepp, black olives, mushrooms). Thanks for the review!
    Cathy and Sam Pearson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We usually bring a large Triple Play home to Anchorage when we visit Portland. Last time, the pizza didn't quite make it all the way home, we ate it!

      Delete