Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Brewster's - Pub Grub in Fairbanks

As someone who was born and raised the the Fairbanks area, I pay attention to the recommendations of my family and friends when it comes to the restaurants.  One of the restaurants that has become popular in Fairbanks (since I left in 1998) is Brewster's.  It has two locations, and it is offers a pub food menu and a variety of brews on tap.

I recently visited the Old Steese location with my family.  I was a bit hesitant because I had heard mixed reviews.  Some said that it was too slow, and others raved about the food.  Some enjoyed the sports pub atmosphere, and others frowned on the food.  Since my parents had no worries about Brewster's I decided to go in with an open mind.

I ordered the Chicken Ciabatta Sandwich.  Ordering chicken is a risky proposition, as it is easy to over cook and serve dry.  My sandwich was tender and juicy.  It had some roasted peppers, pepper jack cheese, and lettuce.  The combination was mildly spicy, but deliciously savory.

I was quite satisfied with my lunch and would definitely go again.  There are some burgers that look like they need the Alaska Foodie to review :)


Locations and Phone -
Brewster's:  3578 Airport Way, Fairbanks, AK - 907.456.2538
Brewster's Northgate: 354 Old Steese Highway, Fairbanks, AK - 907.374.9663

Website - brewstersalaska.com/

Reservations - Nope.

Overall Recommendation - I have heard mixed reviews, but I would have to say on my visit, the food was good, and service was fast and friendly.  I recommend giving it a try and making your own choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment