Friday, July 22, 2011

Sushi Ya

I got started on sushi relatively late in life, but I am fast gastro-learner, and I have come to love nearly every roll or style of sushi I have tried.  A couple of years ago some friends of mine introduced me to Sushi Ya and it is by far my favorite sushi restaurant in Anchorage.

The Nigiri sushi at Sushi Ya rivals rivals that I have had anywhere.  I have had the salmon, salmon roe, yellowtail, yellowfin tuna, bluefin tuna, eel, giant clam, shrimp, squid, octopus, and even sea urchin.  It is all great.  But what sets Sushi Ya apart is their rolls.

Their menu is chock full of the most artful and flavorful sushi rolls I have had.  From the basic rainbow and california rolls, to the more impressive boyfriend roll, the spicy dynamite roll, etc.  I have had around 10 different rolls over the years, and they are all worth trying.

In my mind, it is hard to be too disappointed with any of the sushi restaurants in Anchorage, but I would recommend getting over to Sushi Ya if you want the best.

Sushi Ya:

Address - 1111 E Dimond Blvd, Anchorage

Phone - 907.522.2244

Reservations - I have never needed any, but on a Friday or Saturday night, it might be a good idea to call ahead.

Overall Recommendation: There are many very good sushi restaurants in Anchorage, but Sushi Ya is my favorite.  It is the right size, has a friendly wait staff, and most of all, the sashimi and sushi rolls are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment