Sunday, July 10, 2011

Barbie's Cafe - A doll of a restaurant

I have driven by Barbie's every day for the last month or so, and told myself I need to check it out.  I needed to take some of my swimmer's out for breakfast recently and decided that it was time.

The interior is clean with a classic cafe atmosphere.  We were seat in a corner and were very comfortable chatting about our upcoming events and activities.  When our server came by for our orders we were greeted warmly.

I of course asked what the best breakfast item on the menu was.  She replied "the eggs benee", so I of course ordered the Eggs Benedict.  She even asked me how I wanted the eggs to be (runny, solid, half-way).  I am not too picky, but it was nice to be asked.

I love eggs benedict when they are made up properly.  The eggs were done just right, and the hollandaise sauce was great (I just love a good hollandaise).  I even liked the hash browns, and I am usually unimpressed by most hash browns.

Barbie's Breakfast Burrito
Two of my swimmers had the breakfast burrito.  As you know, I have a weakness for such things.  Next time I will give it a shot.

I noticed that the cafe actually has an espresso machine.  If I were a coffee snob, they could whip me up a fancily named coffe drink.  I am not, but the Diet Coke was very good.  Definitely worth the drop in.  Give Barbie a try.

Barbie's Cafe

Address - 68th & Lake Otis Pkwy, Anchorage, AK

Phone - 907.344.4100

Website - on Facebook

Reservations - None needed.

Overall Recommendation:  This is a nice, newly renovated diner/cafe.  Breakfast is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment