Saturday, December 24, 2011

Ivory Jacks - The Goldstream Hangout

I am in the Fairbanks area visiting my family for the holidays.  I also had some time to visit with some close friends.  One of our friends that we wanted to see works at Ivory Jacks, so we went their so that we could see her and her family.  The food and libations have always been good, so nobody had to twist my arm to go.

Ivory Jacks is the Cheers of the Goldstream Valley, just outside of Fairbanks.  The weather is cold, but Ivory Jacks is warm, comfortable, and the kind of place where there is no pretense.  In other words, this is my kind of place.

There is Yankees baseball memorabilia all over the bar/restaurant.  There  is darts, shuffle board, and even a pac-man game.  There are even photographs of the greatest Ivory Jacks drinkers.  This place is great!

The menu is a great blend of fine dining and pub style food.  I was in the mood for martinis and pub grub, so I opted away from the fine dining part of the menu.  We started with some nice crab stuffed mushrooms.  They were delectable and really whet my appetite.  Next was pizza loaded with meat and pepperoncinis.  It was great, and a perfect pairing for my dirty martinis.

At some point during the meal, a Christmas carol started up in the bar.  I would like to think that it was the spirit of the bar and season that made me join in....but maybe it was the martinis.

Ivory Jacks:

Address - 2581 Goldstream Road, Fairbanks, AK 99709

Phone - 907.455.6665

Website - ivoryjacks.alaskansavvy.com/

Reservations - I have been to Ivory Jacks for dates, wakes, and just dropped in.  You can make a reservation, but usually a table is open.


Overall Recommendation - This is a wonderful place to go when you visit (or live in) Fairbanks.  I love the atmosphere and the people.  Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment