Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cafe Campagne - French Cuisine at the Market

On my recent trip to Seattle, my wife and I got up on Saturday morning, and wandered from our hotel down toward the Pike's Place Market.  We were a bit peckish, and stopped in, less than a block from the market, at Cafe Campagne for some breakfast.

Outside of my visit to Tahiti, last December, I don't have much experience ordering food in French, so I was a little appréhensive.  I decide to go with the Oefs en Meurette: poached eggs served on garlic routons with pearl onions, bacon and champignons in a red wine/foi gras sauce, and served with fries.  The eggs were poached perfectly, and the savory flavor of the croutons and bacon was good.  Unfortunately, there was a lingering vinegar-like flavor from the red wine sauce.

I wouldn't say that it was a bad dish, and I think I would go again and give the menu another try.  Maybe my palet is just not sophisticated for French breakfast...we will have to see.

Cafe Campagne:

Address - 1600 Post Alley, Seattle, Washington 98101

Phone - 206.728.2233

Website - www.campagnerestaurant.com

Reservations - We didn't need any, but reservations are accepted.

Overall Recommendation - I would not remove this restaurant because of my disappointment in the red wine sauce in my breakfast.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment