Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sunrise Grill & Pancake House

I am not much of a pancake person, but maybe I should have given them a try.  I am not saying that I disliked my breakfast at the Sunrise Grill and Pancake House, but it was not up to my breakfast loving standards.

The Sunrise Grill is a bright and clean restaurant with a friendly waitstaff and fast service.  That being said, I was not blown away by their breakfast.  I chose the Sunrise Omelet, with ham, bacon, and sausage.    It came with my choice of toast, pancakes, or biscuit...I love biscuits.  I ordered a side of gravy to go with my biscuit.  It turns out the biscuit was the highlight of the meal.

The biscuit was clearly handmade, and was fluffy and tasty, which is a lot more than I can say for many places in town.  However, the gravy was drab...with a dash of salt.  I poured on some Tabasco and that made it better.

The omelet was thick and heavy.  I prefer an omelet where the egg is light and airy.  The filling was generous, but underwhelming.  Maybe there was just too much in the omelet.  Wow, I can't believe I said that!


Sunrise Grill and Pancake House:

Address - 8201 Old Seward Hwy

Phone - 907.677.6011

Overall Recommendation:  I will probably try it again, but there are far superior breakfast restaurants in Anchorage.

No comments:

Post a Comment