Saturday, August 27, 2011

Don Jose's Mexican Restaurant and Cantina

I am a big fan of Mexican cuisine, and there are many choices in the Anchorage area, but there is only one Mexican restaurant in Alaska that is present in three different towns.  Don Jose's Mexican Restauraunt and Cantina is established in Anchorage, Kenai, and Homer.  Furthermore, I have eaten in all three.

As Mexican goes, Don Jose's is ok.  The restaurants serve decent food and there is good variety on the menu.  On my last visit I enjoyed the Southwestern Fiesta appetizer as well as the Chili Colorado entree'.  The portions were generous and the flavors good.  Having said that, I have had better Mexican within the Anchorage area.

I am not much of a barfly, but I think that Don Jose's Anchorage restaurant is as well known for it's Cantina as much as the cuisine.  Having said that, I can only say that I enjoyed the Negra Modelo that I had with dinner.

Don Jose's Mexican Restaurant and Cantina:

Address - 2052 E. Northern Lights, Anchorage
                205 S. Willow Street, Kenai
                127 W. Pioneer Ave, Homer

Phone - 907.279.5111, Anchorage
             907.283.8181, Kenai
             907.235.7963, Homer

Website - alaskadonjoses.com

Reservations - I have never needed them, but call ahead on Friday and Saturday nights.

Recommendation:  It is not bad, but I can think of better Mexican cuisine....in Anchorage anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment