Sunday, May 29, 2011

Douglas Cafe - breakfast on the island

Some Juneau friends picked us up at the hotel and then took us across the bridge for breakfast at the Douglas Cafe.  It was definitely a good choice...always trust the locals.

They have a specials board, but I ordered off the menu.  The Douglas Deluxe had, in parenthesis, "the all time favorite).  By now, you probably know that this is the signal that I usually am looking for when looking at a menu.  Rule number one: Always give the house special a shot.

The Douglas Deluxe has fried potatoes, onions, & tomatoes, topped with fresh spinach, cheddar, and 2 eggs (I prefer over easy) and a delicious salsa.  It comes with a side of toast, but I added some link sausage into the mix.  I love breakfast food, and I love spinach...need I say more.  I broke open the yolks and mixed it all together...rich, savory, delicious.

If you are looking for a hole in the wall diner with good breakfast, this is the place.  They are also supposed to have good burgers...I will have to give them a try someday.

Douglas Cafe:

Address - 916 3rd Street, Juneau, AK 99824

Phone - 907-364-3307

Website - none, but they do have a Facebook page

Reservations:  none, and the dining room is small, so you may need to wait....do it, you will be happy you did.

Overall Recommendation:  Great for breakfast.  Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment